Jacob Gross over at GSquared YoYos has decided to try something different with his drops this week. It’s called a G2 Yo-Yo Draft, and we’ve laid out the details for you below.
On Friday, September 21, 2018, at 7:00pm CDT, draft tickets will go on-sale on the g2 store. The price is not definite yet, but it’ll likely land around $125.00. The order in which people buy the tickets does not matter, but supply is limited (21).
Those who purchase a ticket will need to tune into a G2 Livestream, which will happen on both Facebook and Instagram, on Sunday, September 23, 2018, at 7:00pm CDT. Participants (those who purchased tickets) will be put into a random order and then, in said order, will choose which G2 yo-yo they wish to receive from the pool below. See? It’s just like a draft! Well, except that the participants will end up with a yo-yo rather than a multi-million dollar contract and eventual injury.
It is important to only purchase a ticket on Friday if you can attend the livestream on Sunday. If you are not present at the event on Sunday, you will forfeit your ability to choose, and you will end up with whatever is left at the end.
Although the red text above was meant to be prominent and scary, one should keep in mind that we are talking about G2 yo-yos here, so even the “leftovers” are guaranteed to be pretty darn good.
The Draft Pool
Below are the yo-yos that will be available, as they were mentioned in the G2 YoYos Draft VLOG.
9/20/18 – Did a pass to update all colorway names to their official names.
All of these yo-yos are A-Grade.
- Titanium Hawk – Blue Anodized
- Elite 2018 AL7 Black Box – Moonlight (Dark Blue w/ Black Stainless Rim)
- Elite 2018 – Sunset Fade w/ Stainless Rim
- Elite 2018 – Star Spangled (Blue on both halves)
- Elite 2018 – Chug Jug (Blue/Green Fade w/ Stainless Rim)
- Elite 2018 – Chocolate (Brown w/ Brass Rim)
- Elite 2018 – Sterling (Silver w/ Stainless Rim)
- Elite 2018 – Pitch Black (Black w/ Stainless Rim)
- Elite 2018 – Royalty (Purple w/ Brass Rim)
- Banshee 2018 – 90’s Throwback (Orange and Blue Swirl)
- Banshee 2018 – Cobalt Blue
- Banshee 2018 – Metallic Mint
- Banshee 2018 – Black and White Swirl
- Banshee 2018 – First Blood Colorway (Red w/ Black Splash)
- Banshee 2018 – Deep Purple
- Banshee 2018 – Wine
- Banshee 2018 – Chocolate (Solid Brown)
- Banshee 2018 – Civil War (Clear/Red/Blue Splash)
- Banshee 2018 – Orange (Solid)
- Warthog – Cosmic Ray (Clear w/ Red Acidwash & Blue Speckle)
- Pelican – Plasma (Clear/Red Acidwash)
This is a really interesting way to go about purchasing a yo-yo from GSquared, so do have fun with it! Kudos to Jake for keeping things fresh and trying out something like this.
The VLOG Entry
Here’s the actual VLOG where Jake explained everything written above.
Want to get in on the Draft fun in a whole other kind of way? Well, good. There’s a giveaway going along with this. Take a shot at correctly guessing what the top 7 picks will be and win a Pelican 2019. Details in the video below.